When it comes to get a perfect finish on the walls, you need to make sure that you have prepped the wall in a right way to get proper finish from the paint coats. The best way to get the painting job done is by calling in the house painter as they have the right experience for the job and they let you save both time and money. Primer plays a vital role in the painting and if you are going to directly paint the wall without applying the primer, then it will end up being a dud job. To make sure that the paint gets the right application on the wall, you need to put a coat of primer to it. In this article, we are going to show you some of the ways to use the primer like a pro.
- The first thing that you have to do is to get rid of the pint that is still on the wall. If you are painting a new wall that hasn’t been painted before, then start by cleaning it to get rid of any dirt and debris. Primer acts like a glue that helps the paint to stick on the wall. When painting a previously painted surface you may not need primer, unless you are trying to cover a very bold and dark shade of colour.
- Primer also helps you to cover the stains and marks that you have on the surface of the wall. Many times when you scrape the surface off, some or the other stain marks remain and the primer helps you to cover them all up. A high quality stain blocking primer gives the wall a right finish and also helps you to get rid of the smell of the previously painted walls, that is both pleasing to the eyes but to the nose as well.
- If there is a patch on the dry wall, then you can cover it up by the use of primer. Primer also gives the paint a seamless look where there are no lapping marks.
- Always take the shade of the paint into consideration before you finalize the primer for the wall, some walls of the house may have high moisture, and they need to be treated for the moisture first before you apply the primer. There are various types of primer specifically designed for different painting projects and you want to use the correct one. Make sure that you have contacted the professional house painter as he will be able to guide you in a much better manner.
- Always read the reviews on the primer before you buy one and take the recommendation from a professional painter. The better the application of the primer will be, the better it is for the coat of paint.