Many of you must not know that most of the paint that is available in the market has lead content that may be harmful for your health. When you coat the wall with a fresh layer of paint, it emits a kind of dour that might not be pleasant for many. If you are deciding to give your house a new coat of paint, it will be a good idea to give some thought on how eco friendly colours for house painting and decor are.
There are no certain set standards for paints that make them eco friendly. However, there are some manufacturers who claim that their products have less lead content than what the others have on offer. Here is what you need to understand when you are in the market to get a new box of paint.
- Volatile Organic Compounds are the chemicals that evaporate for 4-5 weeks after you get them applied on the wall. So if you got the paint that has Volatile Organic Compounds in their composition, then you might need to be careful, as they can also be harmful outdoor pollutants.
- Latex paints have much lesser Volatile Organic Compounds and you can use them as option. Always make sure that you are checking the level of VOC in the content of paint before buying.
- Some manufacturers add certain additives and preservatives in their paint to prevent the mold formation and they increase the life of paint. While choosing colours for house painting and decor, make sure that you have taken the help of a professional.
- Always go for a brand that has no or less Volatile Organic Compounds and contains no biocides and fungicides. If you have confusion, take help of a professional painter.
- Apart from painting the house with paint that has less lead composition, you can also aid in the safety of environment by disposing the excess and used paint in a right manner. Improper disposal can make the paint seep into the ground water so never drain the paint openly. Call the disposal authority and ask them the way in which the paint can be disposed off. Latex paints can be donated also and make sure you are letting the empty can dry out before you throw it away in trash.
You must be little more attentive when it comes to buying colours for house painting and decor. The best way is to call up the Professionals Painters Gold Coast and let them do the job, as they have all the right experience and they suggest you the most eco-friendly options.