How to make the right colour choices for your home.
1. The first step is to help familiarize yourselves with the colour ranges and hues available. A great resource to start with is using paint shops like Bristol/Taubmans at Nerang or Inspirations Paint and Colour. You will be able to access colour chips from both of these stores
2. Make sure your new colour scheme will suit any existing colours in your home such as carpet, timber floors, tiles, kitchens etc.
3. Avoid putting brush outs/ small paint samples onto the walls. By putting only small samples onto the wall you will affect the way you see the new colour. In painting and decorating there are so many optical illusions that get thrown up because of surrounding colours.
4. Lighting into your rooms can have a huge effect on the depth of colour you will use.
5. If you’re inclined to do so, be brave. Homes on the Gold Coast have been painted various shades of whisper white and antique white USA. There is a whole other colour palette out there to explore. And after all it’s only paint. If the colour ends up being so five years ago, then repaint it again!
6. If you are still worried you can call us and we can help with colour schemes both internally and externally. We also have a number of specialized resources available to assist you get a designer look for your home, commercial development or rental property.