A number of studies prove that color affect our moods. Our favorite colors have a positive impact on us- some colors make us active and happy while others soothe and have a calming effect. Color meanings are important, especially when choosing the right paint color for your house.
Let us take a look at meanings of some of the most popular color options and where they fit the house’s color palette. Below are a few common room paint colors:
- White: White is a pure and bright shade. It work wonderfully for ceilings and makes a room look more open and clean. Using white on lower parts of the wall is not recommended- it easily gets stained and discolors faster as compared to other paint colors.
- Blue: Blue makes you feel peaceful and harmonious, so it is generally used as accent color in bedrooms. House painters Gold Coast also recommend blue for bathrooms as it can create a spa-like environment.
- Green: Green makes you feel grounded and balanced, and in the correct hue, it can be a perfect choice for your home’s important living spaces. You can ask your painter Gold Coast to paint kitchens and rooms with many windows to paint in green, in order to make an illusion of bringing the outdoors inside.
- Yellow: It is the happiest color, and it is professional painters’ preferred choice for kitchens, bathrooms. In right hue, it looks great almost anywhere in the home. Yellow is also available in shades ranging from sand to canary, so it is very versatile.
- Red and orange are two colors that should be carefully used. Red can offer a bright pop of color but it can also easily become dense and overwhelming. Orange is very energetic, but in lighter hues, it can be soothing- works wonderfully as an accent color.
- Purple: This is another color that should be used with caution. It is very dark and can easily make a room look dark, but when used in correct hue or moderation, it can make a great impact. Use purple as a backsplash color in a modern, sleek kitchen.
- Gray: Although technically not a color, gray is a perfect shade for interior painting. It is calm, quiet shade that can bring balance with bolder, brighter furniture. It is a great choice for bathrooms and bedrooms in its warmer shades.
Adding a fresh coat of color to your home immediately adds new energy and life into the space, making it look spruced up and tidy. Be careful when choosing a color for your home or commercial space. For painting services, feel free to contact Repaint Pro, we are a team of skilled painters in Gold Coast.