If you have decided to give your house a new coat of paint, then you also have to come up with painting ideas for the rooms inside the house. It’s always a good idea to get the house painted from outside and inside at the same time, as it saves you time and money both to get the whole project done at one go. When it comes to painting your living room, you need to choose a paint that gives you a positive feeling every time you step into your house. The best way is to appoint a Commercial Painter Gold Coast who will be able to help you out in a lot of manner. Here are some of the tips that you can use.
- If you have a hard time deciding what colour you want in the living room, then take a look at the items you have. If you already have some wooden items, then it is best to go with the lighter shade as it will help to highlight the furniture.
- Choose colours that give positive energy like Beige, grey, Yellow-Green.
- You can also choose some of the calmer shades like Lavender, brown, and blue.
- Smaller living room needs a carefully planned painting in order to make it look roomier and brighter. A Commercial Painter Gold Coast painter will be able to help you out as they have shade cards and you can decide a paint that goes best with the rest of the theme of the house. You can also use some of the contrasting shade that will give you a lot better tone in the area. You also have an option to decorate the living room along with a false ceiling add ons that can be painted in a different shade of paint, or in a lighter shade of the same paint that you have used in the room.
- You can also choose from the accent walls, bright and bold shades, and neutral shades if you have a good space in the living room. However, always avoid too dark shades as it will make the room appear small.
- You can also paint one wall of the room in slightly darker shades than the rest of the wall. If you are planning to hang a TV on the wall, then a brighter shade can work wonders.
- Unless you are a big fan of the pale colours, try to stay away from them. They can make the room look gloomy and dull and if you have a bigger living room, then it can rob away all the positivity from it.
- You can also add up a lot of design ideas like tall vases, big flowers, large candles, and big pieces of art that match up with the colour shade that you have chosen for the living room. A good Painter Gold Coast painter will be able to help you out with many new ideas too.